Home *** Tutorials *** Library *** Kitchen *** About Me *** Contact Me *** FAQ


Thursday, January 12, 2012

What's for Dinner?


Every weekday, between 4:00-5:30, I hear "What's for dinner?" at least 6 times (more on weekends). Keep in mind there are only 4 of us who live here, and I almost never have to ask myself this question.  So, yeah.  Because everybody thinks they're starving all the time, and nobody listens, I have to answer the same question a minimum of half a dozen times in an hour.  I'm hoping that since we can all read, I will not longer have to answer, "What's for Dinner?"  Instead, I'll get a workout as I constantly point to our new menu board!

I used the same, super easy method that I used for my Perpetual Calendar and the boys' Chore Charts.

Supplies Needed:
10x13 Frame
2 sheets 12x12 scrapbooking paper
Printer & Printer paper
Scissors
Dry Erase Marker
Glue/Double stick tape
Regular scotch tape
Ruler & pencil (or paper cutter with ruler if you have one)

Cut the "header" paper (the green paper I used behind the M-E-N-U letters) so that it measures 3 x 10 inches.

Cut the body paper so that it measures 10 x 10½ inches.

Print and cut your letters.

Take the back off your frame, and lay your body paper in the frame so it butts up against the bottom.  Then lay the header paper in so it butts up against the top of the frame.  Tape the 2 pieces of paper together where they overlap.  Mine overlapped about ½ an inch.

Take the papers out of the frame, and attach your letters.  Pop it back in the frame, attach the back of the frame, and you're done!


Sources, Notes, & Costs:
Frame - Walmart, $5
Scrapbooking Paper - Hobby Lobby 59¢ each (I got them on sale for 1/2 off)

To download and print a PDF with the letters I used, click here.  The smaller letters are 1 inch circles, so if you have a punch that size, it'll make it go a lot faster!

**I think I fixed the PDF link so you don't have to log in or create an account in order to be able to us it.  Sorry for the inconvenience!**

1 comment:

  1. Just stopping in to say hi. :) Cute menu board! Come on over and say hi.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails