Home *** Tutorials *** Library *** Kitchen *** About Me *** Contact Me *** FAQ


Saturday, October 29, 2011

Day 29 - Make Memories

Not so long ago, the boys and I had a wonderful conversation that nearly brought me to tears. They had gotten together, and decided to sit me down for a talk. The way that day had been going, I was expecting them to tell me something that would give me more stress.

They looked so serious when we sat down at the table to talk. Then, they told me how much they appreciate the memories I help make for them. They love that I went to their scout camps with them this summer, and they love it when I take them to the local museum and the living history museum about 45 minutes away (buying a membership for one also gives you a membership for the other - probably the best $45 we spend every year). They enjoy the picnics we take and the games we play.

Making memories with and for your kids isn't difficult at all, and it doesn't have to be expensive.  Kids just want to spend time with their parents.  If you're at a loss for ideas, just think back to when you were a kid, and try to do the things you remember.  Don't get stressed out, and don't try to make everything just perfect.  Learn to laugh when things don't go as planned (like when you get the plates and food all set out for a picnic, and the sky that had been perfectly clear all day decides to open the flood gates), and let the kids help make the plans.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails