Home *** Tutorials *** Library *** Kitchen *** About Me *** Contact Me *** FAQ


Friday, October 28, 2011

Day 28 - Soak It All In

One of the best pieces of advice I received when I got marries was to take just a couple of minutes for yourself, and just look around and soak it all in.

Every once in a while, I still do that. I'd love to remind myself every day how lucky I am, but I get busy, so I it's not often that I have a chance and remember to take a few moments to really soak it all in. "It" is my life.

We're not rich, and we have our fair share of struggles, but my husband and I are able to provide our boys with a warm bed at night and we can keep food on the table. While Bug and Awesome don't get everything on their Birthday and Christmas lists, they do get enough to make them feel as though it was a good Birthday or Christmas, by 7- and 10-year-old standards.

We're luckier than a lot of people, and it's important that we all know and appreciate this little fact. The important thin is that we're happy. And, it makes me especially happy when I catch my husband or one of the boys just sitting back and soaking it all in.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails