Home *** Tutorials *** Library *** Kitchen *** About Me *** Contact Me *** FAQ


Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Photo Names

A couple of years ago, I made the Christmas gifts for my parents and in-laws. I posted about them here, but forgot to put the tutorial on my tutorial page (Thanks fo the heads up, MK!). Oops! Instead of making you go back and find the original post, I'm going to do a new one right here - and put it on my tute page!


I loved the ones I made for the grandparents so much, that I had to make one for us, too!  I found the letters at Hobby Lobby, and got them on sale for about $1 each.  They were in the unfinished wood department, and I spray painted them white.  The frames were found at Gordman's (a discount retail store like Marshall's or TJ Maxx) for about $15, and the pictures were developed at Wal-Mart.  Every year, we take new pictures to replace the old (I forgot to switch out our pictures, though!), so the grandparents get updated pictures every year.  For my parents and in-laws, we include all of their respective grandkids - not just my boys!

Linking up to some of these parties.

6 comments:

  1. Heather this is such a cute idea! I love it! This is definitely one for Christmas. Thank you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE this idea! It's so cute. I'd totally look forward to the new pics every year :)

    Oh, and thanks for following my blog - I'm following back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea ... and I was just talking about Eddie Veder this am - how strange! Love is voice. Stopping in to follow from the hop - hope you can visit soon and return the favor. http://www.shaunanosler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I must do this. This is ADORABLE!!! My only problem is that our last name is a whopping 10 letters! Ouch. So...2choices. Do it with the word "family" instead, or put the pics on some other surface instead of a frame. Any ideas???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes! That is a long last name, Leah! I have seen photo frames with 10 openings at Gordman's, but they're not easy to find. Other options would be to special order a frame (but that could get expensive), make your own frame if you have access to a router, or buy 10 frames and hang them close together all in a row. If you find a frame that has 5 horizontal openings, you could also do 5 pictures with 2 letters in each one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails