Home *** Tutorials *** Library *** Kitchen *** About Me *** Contact Me *** FAQ


Monday, April 18, 2011

Beaded Tie Backs

***Edited to add:
Thank you all for the GROCERY Sign love. It became even more of a treasure this afternoon when, after a long battle, my grandpa slipped peacefully away.
 
"To live in hearts we leave behind, Is not to die"
from Hallowed Ground by Thomas Campbell

Goodnight, Grandpa
1923 - 2011



BEADED CURTAIN TIE BACKS


My mom has been looking a new set of tie backs.  She wanted beaded ones, but she didn't want to pay a lot of money.  She also has a thing for dragonflies.  So...when we were at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago, we noticed that some of the beads were on sale, so we took a peek.  This is what we came home with:


The strands were about 2" too short, so I dug through my stash and found a few silver, gold, and copper beads, along with some copper head pins that I used to attach the dragonflies.  I put them together like bracelets.  I strung the beads on wire, using crimp beads on each end, and adding lobster clasps.  So, I basically made two 9" bracelets.


Then, all I had to do was attach them to mom's curtains.


Using upholstery tacks, we put the tack through the little wire loop between the crimp bead and clasp, and stuck it in the wall.

Linking up here:



7 comments:

  1. I really like this idea. I want to make some in the future for my bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New member of the post and ping club. What a great idea. Never thought to make my own tie backs.

    Caroline
    www.Beauty-Full.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

    I do love your bracelet tie backs. :) You always have the best projects! Thanks so much for linking up to Terrific Under Ten today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute!! I am visiting from Young Nester and I am a new follower!!
    Hope you have a great day!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather, my sincere condolences to you and your entire family. Just wanted to say how much I liked the pretty curtain tiebacks you made. I happen to have a thing for dragonflies, just like your mom. ~diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty and whimsical! def dresses up the drapes nice :) Sorry to hear about your grandfather :(

    Thanks for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday!! Hope to see ya again this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails