Home *** Tutorials *** Library *** Kitchen *** About Me *** Contact Me *** FAQ


Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Bug has a Cub Scout meeting tonight, so we celebrated Valentine's Day yesterday with some uber delicious Hunan's...mmmm...Sesame chicken and crab rangoon.

We spent most of the afternoon making these...


...and this.


There's nothing like waiting till the last minute!  I wanted to do the sucker Valentines last year, but I didn't come across the adorable idea till after I had already bought 2 boxes of other cutesy valentines.  Before school on Friday, I took the pictures of Bug and Awesome by themselves.  As I was editing the pictures, I came up with the idea of doing the picture of both of them so we only have to send 1 valentine to each of the cousins instead of 2.  The individual pictures just say, "Happy Valentine's Day!  From (Bug or Awesome)".  The picture with both has "Be Mine!" above Awesome's head and, "No!  Be Mine!"

Usually, the boys have made their Valentine boxes at school.  This year, Bug's teacher is having a contest with a few different categories.  Bug decided he wanted to make an aquarium, and is hoping to win either the Best Theme or the Most Original category.

3 comments:

  1. I love his valentine box, how cute and original! I hope he won!

    Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day Heather! The sucker Valentines are too cute. We went with peace sign Valentine's this year but I might have to try your idea next year.

    Let us know how Bug did in the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Michelle & Tonya! Bug didn't win in any of the 5 categories for the contest, but he did get more overall votes than any other kid!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails