Home *** Tutorials *** Library *** Kitchen *** About Me *** Contact Me *** FAQ


Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Last Week

Not sure where the last few days have gone! Here's a quick overview of last week...

The Bug went from this:


to this:


Landon-Man got into his first (and hopefully only) fight. Long story short, there is a family that lives about a block from us. One of the boys is in 2nd grade, and like his older brother, is a trouble maker and bully. One day last week (Wednesday, I think), he was picking on the Bug and the Man, shoving them and throwing mud at them. Then, he took off with Landon's backpack. Landon finally had enough and punched the kid in the nose. I think Jeremy (and the grandpa's, uncles, and cousins) were maybe a little too proud of Landon.

I read a good book (twice!) that I'll be posting about on March 3rd.

Saturday, we went to Lincoln to celebrate little Ori's first birthday.


Check out the awesome cake my sis-in-law made!


I finally got around to a super simple project that I've had on my mind for a few months, now:



The piece of wood is from the farm, and is about 24" long. I found the knobs at Hobby Lobby for $1 or $2 each (they were 1/2 off when I bought them). I still plan on dry brushing the board, and I have to add hangers to the back. I'll be sure to repost it when it's completely done and hung up.


The knobs are 4.5" from the end with 5" between each knob. Just mark your board and drill a hole big enough to screw in your knobs.


The screws on the knobs are super long, so I used this little tool (borrowed from my awesome dad) and my husbands muscles to cut the extra length off.


I also needed to use a counter-sink bit for the back so I didn't have to worry about scratching up the walls.


Add your knobs - you'll probably have to use some pliers to lighten the nuts on the back - and the hangers, and you're done!


I'm currently working on another project, and will show you that as soon as it's finished, too!
Hint:



4 comments:

  1. I LOVE barnwood projects! Great little knobs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the barnwood with it's pretty knobs. It's a perfect touch. Where's this going? You got to love Hobby Lobby 1/2 off knobs. :) Thanks so much for linking up to Terrific Under Ten!

    Your SIL did a great job on that cake! I've been watching Cake Boss on netflix so cake making/decorating has become a fun new interest of mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pretty barnwood hanger is featured on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails