Home *** Tutorials *** Library *** Kitchen *** About Me *** Contact Me *** FAQ


Monday, May 4, 2009

It's that time of year again...

Once again, I've been reflecting on my life, something I do about twice a year. Turning 30 didn't bother me...well, it didn't bother me until Kelsey (my 6-years-younger brother) turned 24! Even then, it was just a quick thought realizing that I was no longer a 20-something.

This year is different, though. I can't figure out why I'm dreading Sunday. It's a double holiday for me, so I should be thrilled at the idea of not having to do anything that I really don't want to do, I don't even have to cook (Hunan's, here we come)! The one thing that I've been terrified of hasn't happened - I haven't lost my hair. And as far as I know, I'm healthy. I could stand to lose several pounds, but other than that I'm golden, Ponyboy.

I've decided that instead of trying to figure out why I'm in a little bit of a funk about my age this year, I'm going to concentrate on the good things in life:

My marriage is better than it has ever been,
I have two boys that make me proud every day,
I have all my own hair (alopecia runs in my family),
My life is simple but fulfilling like I've always wanted,
Jeremy still has a job, and we still have a house,
I'm happy, and I feel at peace with my life.

I just wonder, how old do you have to be before you can act like a crazy old lady?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails