Home *** Tutorials *** Library *** Kitchen *** About Me *** Contact Me *** FAQ


Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Basket of Resolutions

Another year, another list of resolutions I insist that I'll keep, but never do. I'm thinking that I might add my list to my sidebar so I have a constant reminder.

1. Lose weight. This is a MUST. I make this resolution every year, but I'm bound and determined to be within 15 pounds of my "pre-Taylor" weight by Thanksgiving. Two of the many changes I have to make are: 1- give up the Mountain Dew (Hi, my name is Heather, and I am a Mt. Dew addict) and 2- buy myself a bike (if I can ever decide on the color I want).

2. Make some additions/changes to my Etsy store. I opened it in June, and have done a terrible job with it since. I've been very neglectful, and I need to change that.

3. Keep up with the other two blogs I have started - 365 and Farmgirl Recipes - and the one I'm in the process of creating.

4. Finish my sewing room. This is going to take more than just moving my sewing stuff into my new room. I have to plan where everything is going to go, organize all my stuff (which will be much easier once I get some shelving up), and figure out where everything that was in there is going to go. I have made a little progress, but there's still a ways to go. On the bright side, the TV that Jeremy insisted we buy 2 years ago for his video games decided to stop working, so that'll just be trashed and I don't have to find a new place for it. Unfortunately, that means the playstation is now hooked up to our only other TV in the house. I have been fighting with the games being scattered all over the living room - until today. I made this nifty little patchwork/burlap basket with muslin lining. We can fit at least 14 games in there (a couple more can be laid on top), which helps with the mess.






5. Finish my long list of projects that I had hoped to finish last year.

6. Read a minimum of 1 new book each month. Last year I had started the Anne of Green Gables series, but only got done with the 1st book and halfway through the 2nd. I've already completed the rest of the 2nd and all of the 3rd this year! Now, I just have to make a trip to the book store to see if they have the 4th one in, yet (they had 1, 2, 5-8 when I was in a couple of weeks ago, and I am determined to read them in order).

7. Have a blog giveaway. I had been planning on doing one for my 100th post, but that obviously hasn't happened, so I'm working on one to help me celebrate becoming a "30-something" in May.

8. Keep my car clean. Well, keep the front seat of my car clean. I'll have to convince the boys to help me with the backseat.

9. Do a better job with housework. I think the easiest way for me to accomplish this is to do my housework before getting on the computer.

10. Dust off my piano keys and break out some music (this includes starting Taylor's lessons again). I used to make time to play a little each day, but I don't think I've touched the keys in months.

11. Become more self-reliant by planting and maintaining veggie and herb gardens.

12. Start a family game night. We've been wanting to do this for awhile, but neither Jeremy nor I have actually put out the effort to do it. Here's the plan: pick one night (it will probably be either Monday or Saturday) for our Family Night. Once I'm done cooking, all electrical things will be off (except the fridge). We'll eat by candle/lantern light, then sit around the table and play games or talk, or whatever we feel like doing.

I'm sure I'll be adding more to my list - I always do, but this is what I've come up with so far.

2 comments:

  1. Great list! I found myself agreeing with most of your list. LOL I need to set my priorities before getting on this computer as well. Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails