Home *** Tutorials *** Library *** Kitchen *** About Me *** Contact Me *** FAQ


Thursday, July 24, 2008

Ugh.

In this little village of ours, we recieve quarterly water bills. We got ours last week, and we were over by 3,000 gallons. That's odd. We are almost always under, even during the summer. We don't water our lawn, and I have very few flowers that require watering. I keep an eye on our water gauge that the town guy checks - it hasn't moved since they took out the extra one. Why we had 2 different gauges on our house, I'll never know, but they took off the one that was working and left the one that hasn't worked since before we moved in to this house. My guess is that they are too lazy to correct their mistake, and too stubborn to admit they even made a mistake, so I think they are just making up numbers and since the rest of the town is probably over, they decided to make us pay more. This wouldn't be the first time we caught them doing crap like this (can you tell yet that I really don't like living here?).

Anyway, we decided that we would be extra careful over the next few months and use as little water as humanly possible. Part of that plan was to only do laundry once a week - no more 1/2 -3/4 loads. Our loads are going to be full. So that's what I did yesterday. I did 6 FULL loads of laundry, but was super busy with other things, so I put off the folding till today.

Why am I telling you all this? Because I woke up this morning to the sounds of my husband cussing while moving the stove and things breaking (I have a fat rooster, a fat chicken, and two cute little ceramic pitchers sitting on the back of the stove). I jump out of bed to see what was going on and asked him what on earth he was doing. I was still sleepy enough to think that he had turned the radio on and was listening to static, and I didn't notice the water puddle I was standing in - in the living room. Our fridge has an ice maker, and somehow one of the hoses got a nice crack in it and was spewing water all over. It happened sometime between 10pm and 6am.

Oh! Did I mention that our laundry area is also in a corner of the kitchen? Yeah. Those 6 loads that I washed (and dried) yesterday were sitting in just the right spot for the water to be spraying directly on them. Guess what I'll be doing today.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I feel your pain. Hope you're finished with all that cleanup and redo on laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does not sound fun! Hope things are going better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails